Barely.
So much has happened that I don't know where to begin.
CRUCIAL EXPLANATION
Why haven't I been blogging? Several reasons.
- I am ADD and my life is filled with Shiny Things.
- Speaking of "my life"...I can has friends?!
- Research papers suck.
- Distracting boyfriend is distracting.
- I had a blog (existential) crisis.
So now I shall tackle Numbah Five. Then maybe the others. Not sure yet. Prolly. I want this to be THE MOST EPIC BLOG ENTRY OF ALL TIME.
BLOG (EXISTENTIAL) CRISIS
What is a blog, persay? Is it supposed to be free from tellings of my day-to-day life, filled only with deep, philosophical revelations? No random lists! No explicitly detailed recollections of that time you hung out with your friends last week! Badbadbad! (Sadface.)
That is for livejournal, where all the other whiny emo kids talk about their life that nobody cares about. And you know what? I have four livejournals! FOUR. Let's break this down:
- ceilingfan41: kickin' it old school, this is the LJ I've had since like...8th grade. I stopped updating it and switched to the next journal because when I finally returned to LJ I was just too different to continue there. Like sketchbooks: my style completely changed and it would've been too broken up.
- gray_ookami: my new journal, which is mainly used so I can link people to The List (ooh, see what I did there?). Everything else is surveys that are set to private because I don't want people to know how lame my life is. (I'm not as cool as I let on.)
- akari_sunshine: journal composed primarily for posting fanfic drafts. It's all set to private, so no worries!
- grayookami: ghost journal! I apparently made this, totally intending to use it, then forgot about it and when I went to put The List up on a site where I could link my friends with no worries, 'grayookami' was taken and I was like ZOMFG WTF SADFACE. Apparently I took it, so I only have myself to blame. FAIL.
Anyways, what I'm trying to get at is...this is my blog, and therefore I have the right to structure my posts however I want. I don't want my blog to be something it shouldn't have to be simply to conform to the norm. That's retarded. And no, nobody said anything to me about this. I've just read other blogs and they all seem to be so...simple, and usually address only one or two things at a time. That's so boring to me. :/
So yeah. Moral of the story is:
I DO WHAT I WANT, BITCHES. DON'T STAND IN MY WAY.
Don't you dare think I won't.
Next on the list, Numbah 2! (Yes, this is out of order. Get over it.)
FRIENDS ARE AWESOME
Over the past few months, I've met/grown close to a lot of new people, including but not limited to:
- Whitley
- Randall
- Kit
- Mae
- Milo
- James
- Allyson
- Other people that I prolly should remember but can't at the moment.
The best part is, I'm in a relationship with EVEN MORE PEOPLE NOW. Listlistlist later!
It's a really awesome feeling to have a ton of friends that you can always talk to, confide in, make inside jokes with, hang out in a commons until three in the morning, etc. This is how college is meant to be, btdubs. You're supposed to befriend tons of people, and then befriend their friends, and then their friends, until you eventually find a group of people that complement you and that you're proud to include in your circle. It takes a while to get there, and you'll become close to some people that you'll drift away from as you meet people more in tune with your personality/interests/happiness.
I'm here to tell you that it's okay.
As long as you don't part in an angryfightingmoment, you guys will be cool, if you even remember that the other exists after a while. I've had friends that I hung out with a lot and thought I had tons in common with, and then after I met people that I realized were far more suited for me I hung out with them more. Make yourself happy. YOUR LIFE WILL BE AWESOME.
Random Side Note:
Expect a lot of these as this entry continues, though I might break it up into multiple segments.
Milo: Wow, apparently there is a festival of BDSM in this country.
Me: Srsly?: Link?
Milo: It's in my Powerpoint in Psych class XD: I can't understand what he's saying as the name.
Me: Aww.: Either way, that just went in my blog entry.
Milo : Awesome! :D
: FOLSOM STREET FESTIVAL/FAIR!:That's the name of it :D
Fucking. Epic.
RESEARCH PAPERS ARE THE SPAWN OF FENTON
I LOVE MY LIFE BECAUSE MY TWO RESEARCH PAPERS ARE BEHIND ME. (Might I add that they are prolly lurking, holding impressive knives with maniacal grins on their faces?) So I am ready for ANYTHING LIFE CAN THROW AT ME. (Just kidding!)
Now I have gotten what is officially my FIFTH extension on my American Gov't paper, which is FUCKING RIDICULOUS/EPIC/FANTASTIC/TOTALLY UNDESERVED. (RSN: I love Caps Lock. THIS WILL BE COVERED LATER.) I think I need to explain these retarded ass research papers.
- Tintern Abbey: Assigned less than a week before it was due, with a minimum of five pages. She honestly expected a full research paper in less than a week. Whatthefuckery, anyone? I THINK SO. Also, I ended up not finishing it properly because she only gave us a week. Less than a week. Have I mentioned how fucking retarded this was? Because it totally was. I ended up explicating the poem because I couldn't figure out how to incorporate my lovely sources BECAUSE I HAD LESS THAN A WEEK.
- Consumer Protection: As if to completely contrast with the paper for Brit Lit, this is the paper that is now on the fifth extension. It was originally due before spring break, but I am awesome and therefore I was given extra time. However, consumer protection is quite possibly the most boring thing I have ever had to write a paper on. EVAR. I still haven't finished a rough draft, but it is due on Friday so fingers crossed!
So Aaron and I pulled an all-nighter last Thursday (his first one, he was so excited) to try and get shit done. I failed miserably, he succeeded (shocking! -eyeroll-). Tintern Abbey's paper is (theoretically) behind me (though I still plan on explicating/writing about it, bitches!), I just need to get crackin' on this AGP paper. Upcoming papers:
- American Gov't: consumer protection
- Philosophy: abortion or animal rights
- Intro to English Major: VSP (due tomorrow) and final exam essay
Hooray for writing!
So, part one of THE MOST EPIC BLOG ENTRY OF ALL TIME is complete. In the next issue (which should be ready some point soon...today...I'm going to go work on it right now!), expect:
- CAPS LOCK DAY
- Kit
- Book of Eli
- Relationships
- Shiny things
- Quotes
- Quotes from David (yes, it deserves its own section)
- Shotguns
Agreed.





No comments:
Post a Comment