Is it possible to have such a massive headache?
So, my genius idea for the day was to go through the thousands of pictures I have saved on my laptop and completely reorganize them. Nice, neat little folders with nice, neat titles and nice, neat sub-folders. I did not think this through and realize nice and neat are roughly equivalent to the largest headache I've had in...weeks. This was not a good outlet for me to channel my OCD through.
Anyways.
Today I was writing a poem (it isn't finished) that wasn't in first-person. Yes, it is angsty. Yes, it relates to current drama. And yes, I did start writing it in first-person, but I stopped myself. It's an odd switch from using my four-word prompts and (usually) third-person approach, which made for damn good (if somewhat detached) storytelling. Then again, poetry is supposed to be about releasing your inner emotions onto paper as a way to vent, so for once I'm doing it right. Theoretically.
My headache is killing me. Were the folders and sub-folders (and even the occasional sub-sub-folder) worth this torture?
For once I didn't ponder morality and humanity throughout my classes today, though I was kinda busy studying for my first exam of the semester. Considering I've pretty much had these philosophical thoughts every day for weeks (or at least until the earthquake in Haiti...which was a few weeks ago), ironically after my philosophy class, this is worth noting. I think my head hurts too much right now to think about my own existence, which is both good and bad. Having an existential crisis is mentally exhausting, but it doesn't change the fact that the area right behind my eyes is crippling my thought processes.
I hate when I hear a little pop (usually when listening to music, which says bad things about my iTunes and processor) that sounds damn similar to the Facebook Chat one. It's like the ghost-vibrations after keeping your phone on vibrate for a few days (you know what I'm talking about, don't deny it). It might help if I didn't always have a tab set aside for Facebook, a sure sign of my addiction.
I still love Fall Out Boy and Tsavo more, of course.
Right now there are a ton of things I should be doing, but I'm having problems focusing now. Homework (though it's the weekend, so that's not a pressing priority until Sunday night...which really means Monday morning), my quote boards, getting out of my room, eating for the first time today, doing something that doesn't involve staring at an absurdly bright screen and making my eyes hurt even more.
I think it's best to end this now and do something productive, sans computer. We'll see how long this lasts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment