Anyways.
This past week (or so) has been hectic. For example:
-I changed my relationship status (i.e. started dating) on Facebook to "In a relationship with Aaron Boyles," and we all know Facebook-official is THE MOST OFFICIAL and is BETTER THAN MARRIAGE
TACKLE!
-I was incredibly happy (still am!)-Played through almost half of the Halo 3 campaign with Aaron
-Gained a Hot Pocket Sex Buddy, in addition to my lesbian lover, PTBFFL, and (legit) boyfriend
Hot Pocket Sex Buddy (aka Lexi)
Lesbian Lover (aka Sam). She's the gorgeous, photogenic one wearing the hat.
PTBFFL (aka David)
Boyfriend (aka Aaron)
-Gained a cell phone named Franziska Scheitzeneder ("Scheitz" for short) that is better than I'd expected (I adore haptic touch, btw)-Made a Samwich
-Annotated Prufrock (okay, not that significant since I do that in my spare time...)
-Read the literary criticism approach for Heart of Darkness at 1:30 in the morning (deconstruction <3)
-DID MY LAUNDRY.
-Got a new roommate that I think I'll get along with!
-Elaborated on teh quote board
-Wore formal wear (best laundry day outfit EVER, and we're disregarding that I still didn't do my laundry until three days later)
-Created a life-size AIM chat box out of printer paper, post-its, scotch tape, and twine
It is beast.
-Found my Koss earbuds (bass response wins, always)-Made a cookie-cake that became an ice cream sandwich
So. Effing. Good.
-Ate THE MOST DELICIOUS PAST OF ALL TIME thanks to my Italian lesbian lover-Finally got that damn pidgey (must obtain pictures...-makes mental note-)
-Wore heels and make-up (this is incredibly significant, and painful as hell)
-Was called a drug addict (yes, I'm serious)
-Went exploring with David, Sam, and Aaron
-Visited a sketch tunnel (and was turned away by a creeper)
Dare they enter?
-Rearranged/cleaned teh room-Had an amazing week!
Okay, now some elaborations for things that need elaboration:
1. Have I mentioned that I DID MY LAUNDRY?! Because I totally did, though it cost me $4.50 and over two hours of my life. (Deceptive laundry basket strikes again!)See, I'd been putting it off for...two weeks (maybe?), and apparently clothes continue to pile up after the hamper is full (who knew?). Again, laundry basket is deceptive. And magical.
2. Robert Downey Jr. Shirtless Robert Downey Jr (and that's all I need to say). Photos, anyone?
I would LOVE to.
3. Umm...on love. I've been meaning to comment on this for awhile, partly because this Facebook page exists called "You're 12. You're not in love." or something. (Also, I might have joined it...I have a bit of a "Become a fan" problem.) Anyways, that irks me. Love, I think, is put into a box and locked up, only to be let out after a respectable period of time, upon the condition that it must be nice and reasonably executed (and I don't mean killed, you violent creatures).
Should love be so clearly defined? I don't think so. I think there are many forms of love, and I think people can fall in love in a week or a month or a year. Who are we to say "You aren't in love"? What is our standard of measure? When does lust or affection earn the right to be labeled as love?
I know I'm an idealist. I'm also aware that I love easily and deeply. Is that wrong? Is my love worth any less because I give it away so easily? Falling in love, whether it's with friends in term of friendship (maybe I'm a bit too controversial, saying I fall in love with my friends, but I do love to offend people with simple statements! also, pun not intended but humorous :D) or romantic relationships. In essence, defining or putting restrictions on love is morally wrong. Y'know, like throwing people off a life boat or the storyline of Finding Nemo. Love comes in all shapes, sizes and languages <3
That's all for now. Next post will be (hopefully) about deconstruction in Heart of Darkness (aka, me being a good, nerdy English major).



No comments:
Post a Comment